Phase seven in the Software Development LifeCycle is the Test and Integration Phase. We have now written technical documentations for the Initiation, Concept Development, Planning, Requirements, Design, and Development phases. Next, we write documents to show how to test all aspects of the database, systems, applications and other software tools.
Download Now for only $49.99 – Buy Here!
[Software Test Templates – Learn More]
Microsoft Word Templates for Test and Integration Phase
Now we examine the Microsoft Word templates, guides and documents for the Testing phase. In this part of the Software Development LifeCycle, the QA Testers look at how the system is built and test it based on the functional specifications and user requirements.
What requirements, plans and design documents do I need to write for this phase?
In this phase, you need to write technical documentations, such as:
- Acceptance Test Plan
- Change Control Process
- Master Test Plan
- Test Cases
- Test Plan
- Test Reports
Download SDLC & PM Templates
You can download Software Development LifeCycle templates from the following sites:
Different SDCL Methodologies & Design Phase
Tasks and activities for this phase include:
- Conduct Acceptance Testing
- Conducting System Testing
- Creating Test Cases
- Documenting User Acceptance Testing
- Installing Software
- Integration Tests
- Security Testing
- Setup Test Environment
- Subsystem/System Testing
- Test and Integration Phase Tasks
- Testing Software
- Updating Test Documentation
Other tasks in this phase include:
- Configuration Manager signs off the Configuration Management Plan from the Planning Phase.
- Project Manager signs off the System Security Plan and the Security Risk Assessment.
- Quality Assurance signs off the Quality Assurance Plan from the Planning Phase.
- Technical Lead signs off the Software Development Document from the Development Phase.
During this phase, they also signoff the Operations Guide, Systems Administration Manual, User Manual, Training Plan, Maintenance Manual, Conversion Plan, Implementation Plan, and Contingency Plan.
Next week, we show how to write documents for the SDLC Deployment Phase.
About the Author: Aaron Ryan is an IT Manager who specializes in Waterfall, RUP, CMMI, and other software engineering methodologies. Download his free Microsoft Word templates at the Software Development Lifecycle Template Kit